Preparing your property
- Make sure the property is tidy and presentable at all times
- Clear away any clutter or unnecessary furniture
- Make the property look appealing from the outside
- Touch up paintwork if necessary and tidy the front and rear gardens. If there is a lawn or hedge, make sure they are kept trimmed.
- If you are living in the property whilst it is being shown, it will always give a better impression if it is kept well aired and clutter free
- Leave lights on (particularly in winter) so that all the rooms seem welcoming
- Try to avoid strong smells if possible although people tend to react favourably to the aroma of fresh coffee or baking
Instruct Solicitors immediately
- Appointing a solicitor immediately could speed up the whole selling process
- They should ideally be supplied with title deeds at the earliest possible opportunity
If you are concerned about the structural condition of your property, we would suggest you talk to a structural surveyor prior to putting your property on the market. This may then avoid difficult conversations later on.